Saturday 19 September 2015

Throwback poem/prose.. Those People.

We all have those people. God, I hope we all have those people. I hope everybody has people like I do. Because I have some stinkin’ good people.
Those people, for me are the ones i stay up late texting.
Those people are the ones who I discuss the latest absolutely marvelous poem with.
Those people are the ones who send me ted talks that i am obliged to watch
Those people are the ones I send a ted talk back to, because it was completely life changing
Those people roam the aisles of target with me, buying the newest chips over discussions of the pleasures of arguing
Those people are the ones who argue with me because man, its just so fun
Those people embrace my craziness and stand there, despite this messy hair and all
Those people are the ones I laugh with, in the most cliched, side aching way
Those people are my teachers, long after they've left the official position.
Those people are the ones I call crying, with yet another ridiculous fiasco
Those people listen.
Those people offer advice.
Those people are honest with me. In the most beautiful, terrifying and encouraging way.
Those people are even my enemies, who fuel me with the desire to prove what is right
Those people feel like late summer nights.
Those people feel like a deeply satisfying poem.
Those people are my friends.
Those people are my family.
Those people are my rocks.
Those people are
my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment