Thursday 1 October 2015

On yet another tragedy.

It's a wonder that still throughout all these ages of Jewish suffering, the first thing we utter when someone passes is "baruch dayan emet". Blessed be the righteous judge. We hear of a murder and the first thing we do is praise the one who orchestrated it.
Because I guess, yes there is a time to be angry and demand the peace we must deserve. After all this, through all this there is no way you could look me in the eye and say we don't deserve peace. I will be angry and I will bang my fists on this table smeared  with the blood of my brothers. But. Baruch dayan emet. At the end of the day, He has it figured out. And even if its a scary fact, our lives are dependent on Him. Baruch dayan emet. Because surely, one of these days He will judge us, and it will be righteous.
So at the very least, say it as a prayer, a request. Please G-d, judge us righteously. And we will soar to the city we all belong in, alive and together.

No comments:

Post a Comment